The Cellwatch Solution
Call Today for a Detailed Quote
for Your Particular Battery Configuration
The Cellwatch Solution
The optimum Battery Monitoring solution for a modern UPS
installation would be a monitoring system permanently cabled into a UPS or
telecommunications battery, capable of measuring both voltage and internal
resistance on a regular basis and storing that data for later analysis. The
ability to signal, externally to the battery facility, that a problem either
existed or was impending would also be a key feature of such a system.
To learn more about a typical battery configuration,
Cellwatch fulfills the requirement described
above for a reliable, up-to-date fixed Battery Monitoring System with the
following key features.
Measures Voltage on each cell, either 6 or 24 times per day. The software
records data for graphical presentation during THAT day as well as average
data for historical analysis or trending. Also compares this data
continuously with high and low alarm settings for alarm activation.
- Measures Internal Resistance on each cell, either 2 or
4 times per day. The software records data for graphical presentation during
THAT day as well as average data for historical analysis or trending. Also
compares this data continuously with high and low alarm settings for alarm
- Measures the temperature of either the battery room
ambient or a 'pilot' cell. Records this figure for graphing as well as
comparison with high and low alarm setting for alarm activation.
- Measures discharge current from a battery string and
compares the data with a discharge alarm limit set in software. In the event
of a discharge, rapidly records all cell voltage data as the battery
discharges for later identification of weak cells under load.
- Supplied with dedicated computer running Windows
98/ME/2000 software and CELLWATCH proprietary application for reporting,
recording and data analysis.
- The system is modular, so if your needs change,
CELLWATCH can be reconfigured or expanded.
- CELLWATCH is a Global product, with manufacturing both
in the USA and in Europe.
- Low voltage DC components. Measurement components never
see greater than 48v nominal DC so battery connections are all low voltage.
Electrical isolation is achieved by plastic fiber optic cable.
Cellwatch consists of 3 main building blocks. These are:
(BMU/iBMU). Either; an IBM commercial grade notebook computer with its own
battery back up, running Windows98/XP as well as CELLWATCH proprietary
battery monitoring software. This is mounted behind glass, in a secure
locked steel cabinet to avoid tampering, or an
mounted in a 19"rack mounted cabinet for remote access and
(CU). Interface from the computer's RS485 serial data bus to CELLWATCH's own
proprietary fiber optic network. Also provides up to 4 current sensor and 4
temperature sensor inputs as well as 4 volts free alarm outputs.
(DCM). A small electronic measurement instrument capable of measuring up to
12 volts DC nominal and 39 milli-ohm internal resistance on each of 4 cell
(jar or mono-bloc) inputs. Hence one DCM is required for every set of 4,
2 volt to 12 volt (nominal) measurement point.
Other components of the CELLWATCH system include 1000 amp
current sensing 'clamps', solid state temperature probes and Fiber
Optic Network Cable.
To see photographs of typical installations, click here
Cellwatch software is an application written to run on
Windows98/ME™ machines supplied as part of a CELLWATCH Battery Monitoring
System. It has been carefully designed to be be both easy to use and intuitive,
providing just the right amount of information for users who are too busy to
read overwhelming reports.
- Informative entry screen, showing all cells on a
battery or multiple batteries. "What you need to know"
- Automatic battery testing under software control.
- All alarm information readily visible on entry screen.
- Capability to drill down into battery data, easily from
the entry screen via familiar Windows functions.
- Reports are all visual via graphing functions.
- Reports available include:-
- Today's V & Ri cell data, for a single cell.
- String data, showing the last reading for the entire
- Cell history showing a minimum of 120 days averaged
data (if 120 days data is available) for that cell.
Other cells may be added for comparison.
- Battery history, showing history for a particular year
- Discharge data, graphing the discharge characteristics
of the entire battery under discharge following such an event.
- Programmable alarm limits for Voltage (V), Internal
Resistance (Ri), Current, and Temperature
- Log file creation showing start/stop and discharge
- Automatic start, maximizing up-time in the event of
computer power outage.
- Facility Management Software interface with open
- User programmable testing frequency.
- Extensive diagnostic capability.
CELLWATCH Battery Monitoring Systems are designed to be flexible, catering for
battery configurations of multiple batteries in multiple strings. In addition
each battery may be a different configuration of up to 4 strings, allowing for
just about any variety of battery or UPS system that your imagination can
create. For configuration detail visit our configuration
The whole battery summary information is displayed on the
entry screen by use of battery and string 'tabs'. Then cell depictions show the
cells in more detail for the string chosen by use of the tabs.
Simple pop-up windows appear as the cursor is moved across
different areas of the entry screen, giving more detail data on the battery.
Right clicking almost anywhere in the window gives instant access to a wide
range of features, hardware detail, and graphing function are context sensitive
to the cursor position.
In addition, standard drop down menus at the top of the
screen provide access to all of CELLWATCH's facilities.
To view actual size screen shot; click it...
To view the above images you should have your screen set
to at least 800 x 600.